The growth and widespread adoption of the smartphone has changed how we communicate with each other. We send text messages to our coworkers, video chat with our physicians, and share our lives with the world on social media. With these powerful tools in our pockets, it can be difficult to engage employees in a wellness program without being on their phone. Smartphone-based programs potentially offer simple, affordable, 24/7 access, and higher engagement; but is it actually working in the real world?
This panel discussion will feature two employers currently offering smartphone-based wellness programming. They will share what worked, what didn’t and how to apply these lessons to your wellness program. Attendees will also learn the five things all employers need to know before offering mobile wellness programming.
Key learning objectives for this webinar include:
- Tips for launching a successful digital health program (from the wellness professionals who have done it)
- Identifying potential obstacles to mobile-based health and how to avoid these pitfalls
- Discover how employers using digital health can meet the ACA Reasonable Alternative Standard requirement
- Lessons from two employers who have been offering app-based programs for over two years
- The five things you need to know before you go mobile, including security, privacy/HIPAA, efficacy and reporting requirements
Marlene F. Janco
Director, Global Wellness
Arconic Inc. (former parent company Alcoa, Inc.)
Beki Lischalk, SPHR
Chief Human Resource Officer
Kitsap Mental Health Services